Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Universe Doesn't Care About You

While looking through the Kindle Book Store, I encountered a book entitled The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You by Johnny Traunt.  This obviously got my attention, and I decided to get this book. It's absolutely free on Kindle. It's not really a book per se, it's more of an essay (a really short essay). It didn't take me long to finish it once I started reading it.

When you first read the title, you just have to kind of stop for a second to understand what the book is trying to say. The purpose of this book is to figuratively slap the reader in the face. You, as like many other people, probably get nervous about making mistakes or looking stupid. This book is to get you to realize how minuscule such things are. The universe is huge, so ginormous that we are essentially molecules in the scale of things. Within the scale of time, our existence is so short, that we practically don't make a difference.

What Mr. Traunt is trying to portray to the reader is that, what you do in your life should ultimately be what you want and not what other people want. He does this in a very humorous and to-the-point kind of way. I would recommend anybody to read this (as long as you're alright with naughty words - because he swears a lot - which I like).

No comments:

Post a Comment